Children’s bicycle Kids bike
Children’s bicycles refer to bicycles that are suitable for children aged 4-8, with a maximum saddle height of 435mm~635mm, and ride on the driving mechanism acting on the rear wheel. There are various wheel diameters and styles with or without balance wheels. Children’s bicycles cannot be used for road riding.
If the size is too large, the child will not be able to hold the handbrake tightly when braking, and will not stop the car. So it is best to take your children to try it out when shopping. In addition, the braking force must not be less than 50N. Otherwise, the vehicle will not be able to stop, causing harm to children. Some children’s bicycles are also equipped with protective wheels (balance wheels), which can keep the rider in balance, so pay attention to whether they are equipped (one on each side) when purchasing, and do not dismantle it when using it. Parents should buy and use Be sure to consider this when.
The chain cover of children’s bicycles is indispensable. Children’s bicycles with a saddle height equal to or greater than 560mm should be equipped with a chain cover or other protective device to cover the outer surface of the chain and the meshing part of the sprocket. When meshing on the sprocket, the chain cover should extend beyond the outer side of the chain in the diameter direction. If the chain cover is not used but other protective devices are used, the covering range should be extended to the point where the sprocket initially enters the two sides of the chain. Measure along the chain to at least 25mm. Children’s bicycles with a saddle height of less than 560mm should be equipped with a chain cover, which should cover the outer surface and edges of the chain, sprocket and flywheel, as well as the inner surface of the sprocket and the mesh of the chain and sprocket. , To prevent children from getting hurt by reaching into it. Because children’s bicycles are not used for riding on the road, they must be used under the supervision of an adult and must not be used for riding on the road.
How to choose a children’s bicycle
1. First of all, you must buy a bicycle of the right size according to the child’s age and height. I don’t recommend that the child is too young to ride a bicycle. It is not safe. I think it’s best to start riding around the age of three. 14-inch ones are suitable for three-year-olds, and 16-inch ones can be ridden at four or five years old. Children as young as six or seven years old can ride an 18-inch one.
2. Baby gender, the bike beam for boys is higher than that for girls. For girls, you should buy a lower beam, which is safer and easier to get on and off.
3. Some bicycles are light and some are heavy. Is it better to be light or heavy? Children with lighter rides are easier and faster, but the disadvantage is that they tend to fall when turning. Usually lighter cars are cheaper. Heavy bicycles should be made of steel frames, which are stronger. Children can’t ride fast and turn steadily. Children will not fall down easily and are safer. So I think a heavy bicycle is better.
4. Tires are an important part of bicycles. Good tires have good elasticity, wear resistance, and are made of good rubber. Bad tires are easy to break and are very troublesome to repair.
5. The price, don’t be greedy for cheap. If you want to buy, buy better quality, you get what you pay for, good quality bicycles, tires, and plastic parts (such as baskets, rear racks) are odorless. Cheap bicycle tires are definitely not good, and the plastic part has a smell of plastic.
6. If you buy or buy online, you need to assemble it yourself, and you need to adjust the brakes yourself. If you don’t know how to get these suggestions, go to the nearby stroller shop to buy them, and the master will adjust them. Because older children ride fast, it is very unsafe if the brakes are not working properly.